Family Support Work
This Sunday is the 4th Sunday in Lent, Mothering Sunday. Usually throughout Lent – 6 weeks overall, we support FSW by each giving 1 item for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we add a cleaning item, tea, coffee, or sugar and an Easter Egg making 6 items, one for each week. This year is no different but not so easy to achieve. Maybe you have already made your Lenten giving online, if so Thank You. It’s not too late to leave tangible items in our churches and of course Easter Eggs are an essential at this time of year!!
The FSW van will collect from the parish on Wednesday 24th March so that there is time to distribute both food and Easter Eggs in time for Easter.
If you need your items collected please contact Sarah Mackenzie on 01435 866419, leave them in either church or with Christo Corfield 812654 at Larkrise in the centre of Waldron, or with Carollyn Stanbridge 866750(opposite the Heathfield Post Office if you happen to be visiting.)
February’s work in numbers
- 311 individual visits and 163 support calls with families supporting 33 grandparents, 354 parents and 296 children
- 18 supported meetings with other agencies carried out remotely
- 24 online group sessions held, including half-term activities
- 396 food deliveries made
- Pray for wisdom for our interview panel in selecting the right candidates for the new practitioner roles
- Give thanks for recent funding successes that will provide some stability in the coming months
- Pray that our staff remain healthy both physically and mentally after an incredibly tough few weeks